Wedding Woes

I need to think about something happy and this picture makes me happy. We were supposed to be leaving for Nashville in the morning. Our nephew is getting married on Saturday. And we're not going to be there.

It's snowing.

And snowing.

And snowing.

And we have a grand total of 1" of snow after about 13 hours of snowing. Our airline carrier canceled all its flights tomorrow. As a matter of fact, they don't have a flight leaving for Nashville until Sunday.

The day after the wedding.
We tried other airlines but they want $700-$2000 a ticket to fly out tomorrow or Friday. We need five tickets. That's a lot of pennies. We're not going to the wedding.

We checked with Amtrak. For Pete's sake, we were willing to ride a train for 24 hours to get to this wedding. No such luck. Sold out. We very briefly thought about driving but it's too far and there's snow all along the way over lots of hills and mountains.

So we had to make some phone calls and let family know that we weren't going to be there. I'm especially sad for my MIL. She's the grandmother of the groom and she won't be able to see him get married. Yucky snow.
So I have to believe there's a reason we're not supposed to be in Nashville this weekend. Or there's a reason we're supposed to be home. I'm trusting God. And I'm looking at photos that make me happy.

These were taken last spring when we were in France in a small village called St. Paul du Vence. I loved that place. It was breathtaking. The people were very friendly, no matter what they say about the French. I plan on visiting that country again. I. heart. France.
Best wishes to Andrea and Michael. We love you both.

Comments

  1. I'm so sad!! We'll be missing you terribly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment