Breakfast Treat

Breakfast yesterday was Blueberry Creme Brulee Oatmeal.


Yum.


No, make that double yum.


It's a blend of a couple recipes I found and adapted to my need for a quick, healthy breakfast in the morning for one. Although sometimes the Man and J. beg me to make them a bowl. I only do this on Saturdays though since the Man is up at o'dark thirty every morning and I am not in any shape to cook anything before 8:00 a.m.


Blueberry Creme Brulee Oatmeal

1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk, or a little less if you like your oatmeal thicker
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of salt

1/2 to 1 cup blueberries
1 tbs. white sugar
1 tsp. brown sugar

Combine the oatmeal, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high power for three minutes. If you cut the milk quantity, adjust your time down a little.

Stir in blueberries and sprinkle the sugars on top. Place under broiler and broil until sugar browns. Sometimes it forms a slight crust and sometimes it doesn't. Depends on how concentrated the sugar is in a particular location.

Yum. And healthy too. A great way to start the day.
What a crazy, busy week I've had. 

Work, classes, meetings, appointments - I want this merry-go-round to stop for a while, please.

I only got to hang out with Sissy one day this week. Pooh.

But my pocketbook likes it, since we only went shopping that one day instead of our usual two days. Hmmm, I wonder if the Man had anything to do with me working an extra day this week....

This was a good week to limit my exposure to Sissy. She has stink eye, er, I mean pink eye. She's very sad looking with one eye almost swollen shut and all weepy-like. I've had stink pink eye before and it is not pleasant. I do not want to get it again.


So I refused to drive in the same car with her. Or let her in my car.


A girl can't be too careful with something like stink pink eye, even if someone keeps insisting that they are not contagious anymore since they have been using the eyedrops. Nope, a girl can't be too careful. Of course she didn't see it that way and was a might bit put out that I wouldn't even come close to her.


Or touch anything she touched.


Unless I immediately washed my hands. Then I looked all Howard Hughes-ish.  It may have been overkill but I wasn't taking any chances.


So, right now I am stink eye free and hoping it stays that way.

Comments

Post a Comment