Chocolate Coconut Yummy Delicious Oatmeal



I love oatmeal for breakfast.

Well, not really. I should say, I'm trying to love oatmeal for breakfast.

I know it's good for me so I eat it at least three times a week. But I can't abide it plain. I might as well be eating wallpaper paste. 

I've tried adding things to it, like fresh fruit, nuts, honey. But that doesn't really do much for the taste of the oatmeal. Until I found Blueberry Creme Brulee Oatmeal, listed on the side of my blog. That stuff is delicious. 

But I can't eat it like that every time. So I came up with a new recipe. I'm calling it Samoa Oatmeal, since it reminds me of those cookies that the Girl Scouts sell every year. I think a better name might be Chocolate Coconut Yummy Delicious Oatmeal.
Chocolate Coconut Yummy Delicious Oatmeal

1/2 cup old-fashioned Quaker oats
3/4 cup nonfat milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs coconut

Mix these ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl for about two minutes, depending on your microwave. Remove when it starts to bubble up and give it a stir to make sure it's all mixed together nicely.

Sprinkle on top:

1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp mini chocolate chips

Broil in oven until the brown sugar gets dark and crispy looking, along with the mini chips. Careful taking it out - it's HOT!

Eat and smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

I take this to work with me. I cover it up and by the time I get to eat it, about a half hour has gone by. The oatmeal has set very nicely and is almost like a baked oatmeal.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

Comments