Shunning and Oreo Brownie Bars

Sissy and I have been shunned.

We walked into knitting tonight and found two chairs set apart from the rest of the group with personalized labels on them that said "Time out Chair", just for us.

I can't believe these people.

Miss a few, er five, weeks of knitting and they're ready to throw us out. Just because we're taking a photography class that will cause us to miss knitting.

We walked in and no one would talk to us. They deliberately ignored us. They wouldn't even look at us. Even when we laughed at them. And poked them. And tried to compliment them on their haircut.

Shunned, I tell you.
But then I pulled out these little beauties. And just like that, the shunning was over.

"Hey, I'm switching sides, she's got snack tonight," said one member.

"I can't ignore them anymore, I want food," said another member.

"Oh, for Pete's sake, you are all shunning failures," exclaimed the Queen.

"But she brought snack," replied the shunning failures.

The shunning lasted about 30 seconds. It's a good thing they're not Amish.

Oreo Brownie Bars

2 boxes Ghirardelli Brownie mixes
20 Oreo cookies
1 tub Buttercream frosting

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Crush the Oreo cookies in a baggie, leaving chunks. Don't pulverize them into dust, in other words.

Prepare the brownie mix as directed and then stir in half of the Oreo cookies. Bake 35-40 minutes and cool completely. They might be a little undercooked but that's okay. They'll taste terrific.

Heat buttercream frosting in microwave for 30 seconds, or until it's pourable. Pour over top of brownies and then layer the rest of the Oreo cookies over the frosting.

Cool, cut into squares, and prepare to be followed around forever. They're that good.

That tiny little piece in the pics above is all that was left by the time I got my camera to take a picture for this posting. I came home with a couple bars and the kids scarfed them down PDQ (pretty darn quickly, for all you non-acronym people).

I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it's not mine. I just modified it a bit for my tastes.


Comments