Scenes from an American Wedding

More wedding photos.

If you are friends with me on crackbook facebook then you've already previewed these pics. But I've had readers from Brazil, Germany, Thailand and other exotic places and they might like to see scenes from an American wedding.

Doesn't that sound like the title of a book, "Scenes from an American Wedding"? I may have to write that book.

Er, sorry, I digressed.

So for all my international visitors, here's an American bride and groom.

Black and white.

It's all about the black and white when it comes to a traditional American wedding.
Lots of cameras came out. Picture taking everywhere.

I love that. You can find the best little vignettes shooting these scenes. The vignette above is the bride and her besties.

Flatmates minus a mate now.
Here's another vignette. This family saw the perfect chance to grab a beautiful family photo. One of the boys in this family was the ring bearer.

He was not enthusiastic about walking down the aisle.

So he just about ran.

He almost beat the maid of honor down there.
The bride and her sissy performed for us. They sang the song Sisters from "White Christmas".

They used boas instead of giant fans. It was just perfect.
The dancing shoes came off and the floor started hopping. Some of my nieces and nephews are really good swing dancers.

Hmm...maybe I can get the Man to take swing dance lessons with me? Some day we'll have to dance at our children's weddings. I can't be looking like I don't know what I'm doing.
Can you see the swinging going on? The two cuties in the middle stayed on the floor until it got jam packed and there was no room for them anymore.

At least, I think so.

I couldn't see them.

Maybe they were hidden among all the swinging skirts.
The family of the bride has a great tradition whenever anyone leaves, even if it's just me and my family leaving grandma's house and it's the last time we'll see them for a few months.

They run after your car, waving their arms madly and yelling "GOODBYE, GOODBYE, LOVE YOU...."

It makes you feel very loved.

I love this tradition. And I love them.

So here they are, chasing after one of their sissies, showing the world how much they love her. It made me cry.

Until a little boy behind me said, "Why are they running away?"

Then I giggled.
Back at home of the bride's parents, we relaxed and ate pizza and wings and salad and cheesecake.

Yum. My niece, J., makes a f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c cheesecake, er, cheesecakes. Since I ate two pieces.

But they were very small.

Key lime and chocolate chip. How could I choose? So I had a sliver of each.

Aaaaaaah. I love cheesecake.
Driving home.

*Sigh. Happy and sad.





Comments