Let it snow....

About a week ago it was 70 degrees. Now it's 18 degrees. And, oh yeah, there's a blizzard forecast for the next two days. Time to bake Christmas cookies.

My mom used to make these cookies every year when I was a child. They are my all-time favorite Christmas cookie. I think about her when I make them and when I eat them. She passed away 20 years ago when my youngest sissy was only 16 and I was 25. We still miss her.

Mom's Christmas Butter Cookies (printable recipe)

1 1/2 level cups flour
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Roll out and cut out shapes. Sprinkle with red and/or green sugar. Bake for 8-10 mins or until edges begin to brown.

My daughter and niece making Mom's cookies, taken many years ago when they were much younger. It would not be good if they found out I posted this pic. Shhhh....don't say anything.


Comments

  1. ought oh! I found out. But I am not saying anything....yet.


    Deb (sister)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment