Easy Peasy Bookmark

Here's a quick craft for you.

I'm calling it the "Easy Peasy Bookmark" - I feel a bit guilty posting this but I was showing it to a co-worker a few days ago and she loved the idea and had never thought of it. It's a great way to save a memento or all those little pieces of scrap memories that we somehow collect.

We bought the Toronto City PASS when we were on vacation and managed to visit four of the five attractions included. That meant I had one ticket left, plus the cover, pictured above. Times four, since we each had our own City PASS.

I didn't want to throw them out. I love the black/white/red color scheme and the font and the layout. I decided to turn one of the covers  into a bookmark.

Being a librarian, I tend to think about all things books, all the time.

I found my shipping tape, slapped a couple pieces on one side, overlapping a little bit. Turned it over and did the same for the back and then trimmed it. 

The first time I made one of these bookmarks, I trimmed it right along the edge. That wasn't good. The front and back tape pieces weren't sticking together and it left the sides of the bookmark exposed. It got damp. I learned to leave a little bit of a border when trimming so the tape stays sealed.

I told you it was easy peasy.

Comments