Caramel Apple Dessert

It was my turn for snack tonight at knitting class tonight. Knitting class is at 6:00 p.m. I found out at about 4:00 p.m., on my way out the door to a haircut appointment.

Ack.

How could this have snuck up on me? Oh yeah, I wasn't at knitting last week because I had a cold. Or the flu. Whatever it was kept me in bed, or on the couch, or nestled into my rocking chair for three days. So I didn't go to knitting. And didn't get a reminder that it was my turn for snack next week.

Good thing I emailed everyone this morning and asked, "Who's got snack tonight?"

They thought I was joking.

I had to come up with a snack I could prepare in about fifteen minutes since that was all the time I had by the time I got home.

I remembered this yummy fall recipe from a friend.

So easy. So fast. So yummy.

Caramel Apple Dessert

3 Gala apples, cored, peeled, and chopped
1 - 8 oz. package cream cheese
1- 16 oz. tub of T. Marzetti's Caramel Apple Dip
Granola, maybe a cup or so

Soften the cream cheese and spread it into the bottom of a serving dish. Layer the chopped apples on top of the cream cheese. Spread the caramel apple dip over the apples. Cover the dip with the granola.

Serve room temperature so the cream cheese stays soft.

*I use granola with raisins. I like this combination with the apples and caramel.

Serves about 8.

Sorry for the crummy picture. I only had my point and shoot with me.

Comments