I'm not in Kansas anymore

When I opened my eyes this morning, the entire room was bathed in pink. I looked out the window, saw the world turned pinky-orange, jumped out of bed, grabbed my camera, and started shooting. It didn't last long, maybe ten minutes or so.

Just long enough for me to capture some cool colors.
The lighting was surreal. I felt like Dorothy, transported to another place. Because we sure weren't in Kansas anymore.

Not that I live in Kansas. I'm just saying.
The summer-flower has run to seed,
And yellow is the woodland bough;
And every leaf of bush and weed
Is tipt with autumn’s pencil now.

And I do love the varied hue,
And I do love the browning plain;
And I do love each scene to view,
That’s mark’d with beauties of her reign...

I love the year’s decline, and love
Through rustling yellow shades to range,
O’er stubble land, ’neath willow grove,
To pause upon each varied change...

-excerpts from "Autumn" by John Clare (1821)
So J. started his new job at a famous plastic brick maker corporation. Can you tell I'm being overly cautious about mentioning a brand name?

He.loves.his.job.

He's been a fan of these bricks since he was a little guy, leaving them all over the house for the Man and I to step on, vacuum up, toss out in fits of pique when they weren't cleaned up and put away playing with them on Christmas morning.

He was quivering with excitement when I got home from work. He couldn't wait to show me the purchases he made at the company store.

He did not make any money at work today since he turned around and bought several sets to give away to his cousins.

We reminded him that the point of employment was to bring money HOME.

He assured us that he was straight with this fact. And then detailed out all the purchases he planned on making tomorrow.

Sigh.

Comments

  1. Oh...we love(d) L__o's too in our house!!!
    As far as buying sets for his little cousins--how sweet is that? I assume he gets a discount :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment