Apple of My Eye

Here's K. being reflected in our new computer. The old one gave up the ghost, kicked the bucket, went to the big p.c. playground in the sky. I had to restart it three times on Sunday. Three times in about 30 minutes. I think that's a bit much, don't you?

Our poor old computer was 14 years old. I think that's about 1568 years in computer life. The Apple guy couldn't believe it when I told him.

We had the Geek Squad out four times the last time it quit on us. They ended up wiping the hard drive and reinstalling everything, er, rather I had to reinstall everything but the operating system. I didn't want to go through that again. Because of a stinky, messy virus.

Yup, the virus did us in. Froze us out completely. Big red flashing box screaming "WARNING" every few seconds or so. Blech. Made me want to toss my cookies. So, when it started freezing up again, despite the bajillion pieces of anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-everything we had on it, I decided to go Apple.

I really wanted anti-virus protection for the iMac. The Apple guy looked at me quizzically, like I was speaking a foreign language. Apparently, Apples don't get viruses.

Gulp. Really? No anti-virus software needed?

Okay. But I'm really not sure about this.

So, I'm skipping along in the land of Apple. It's a narrow path right now, until I get comfortable with the environment, but I think it's going to be wonderful.





Comments

  1. Enjoy!! I LOVE my apple. I've had it almsot three years, and other than there being much newer and flashier stuff that's come out since, you'd never know it was more than 6 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter Lyndsay has an Apple laptop and LOVES it...esp iPhoto..great for editing pictures + actions.
    I think you will love it too :)
    That will be my *next* computer, hopefully...although I have been happy with my little Dell Laptop for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment