Fall Photos


I dragged K. outside tonight to shoot her in the leaves that have been coming down. She wasn't as enthusiastic as I'd thought.

Sure, Mom, I'd love to be a model for you. C'mon, let's go!

Ha.

But she was a good sport and let me plop her into the leaves, spread her hair out a bit, climb up on the chair and shoot away. But she kept looking for bugs, convinced they were creeping and crawling their way towards her. I can't count how many times she peeked out the side of her eyes.

Geeesh.

They're just little bugs.
I never remember what I say to her while I'm shooting. I just keep babbling until she either starts laughing, stops laughing, smiles sweetly, or stares straight at me.

I say whatever I have to to get the face I want. So sometimes I say things like, "Will you stop smiling? You're ruining my shot."

Which of course makes her laugh. And that's what I wanted her to do.
Although sometimes she does some random thing that makes me smile, like cover her face with her hands.

Hello? I'm trying to take some pictures here. Your face is kind of critical to that end.
Eventually I get the shot I wanted.

And we both smile.
You would think this was a long photo shoot by the yawn in the picture below.

Psssshw.

It only lasted about fifteen minutes.
These are all SOOC. I haven't tweaked them yet in Photoshop.

Now I'm yawning. I'll do that tomorrow.

Comments