Ranting and Raving

Thank you, Mr. Rude Man, for letting that door close in my face as I was walking into the polling place today.

I hate that.

Totally putting aside chivalry and men holding doors open for women (which is so over, I don't even remember this happening recently), what about common courtesy and basic decency?

Don't you glance behind you when you walk through a door to see if there's someone there? I saw him turn a bit, so he must have sensed me coming up behind him. And there was highly reflective glass on the doors. For Pete's sake, I could see his face clearly.

How did he miss me?

Oh, I get it. I'm not young. I'm not twenty. I'm not a model.

I'm invisible.

Well, I'm not going to let him ruin my day. I'm going home to watch Hawaii 5-O again.

This was a good TV show.

Really good.

I used to sneak out of my bedroom and sit at the end of the hallway peeking down into the living room to watch this show. When one of my parents would get up from their chair, I scurried back into my bedroom and jumped into bed so they wouldn't know I was up.

Oops, the cat is out of the bag. Good thing my dad doesn't read my blog. Then he'd know I wasn't the sweet, obedient child he always thought I was.

But I really loved this show. I wanted to marry Steve McGarrett. Not Jack Lord, just Steve McGarrett.

I was nine.

Guess what? LOVE the new one even more.

If you haven't seen it, you can catch it on Monday nights on CBS at 10:00 pm. At least, that's where I found it last night. The characters are fantastic together, the banter made me laugh out loud, and there was enough shoot 'em up action to satisfy my nineteen year old son.

Of course, I'm a married woman now and can't marry Steve McGarrett.

Whew.

That was a big sigh of relief from the Man. I think.


Comments

  1. You should come to UNE. Everyone holds the door open for everyone else AND everyone says "Thank you". You'd never have to worry about a door slamming in your face... ever! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Parker - that is so good to hear! i figured good manners must be out there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment