Milk and Weeds

The Man and I had dinner with M. and M., some good friends, a few nights ago. Their son, J., made a delicious Buffalo Chicken dip.

Lots of heat.

Yummmmmm.

Let's just say when I made it a last night for my company, I cut the heat a wee bit. Since my lips were still burning from Thursday night.

J. is fifteen. His plan was to make it hot enough that the older folks wouldn't like it. Then he'd have it all to himself.

Ha.

He underestimated the old folks. Our taste buds aren't as strong as they used to be, so the heat ain't botherin' us, J.

How do you like that fancy vernacular?
So we enjoyed a leisurely dinner, lots of good conversation, and laughter, and then got to see some pretty terrific pics that J. took while he was on a snowboarding trip out West.

K. was supposed to come with us but she got sick, poor girl, and had to stay home, asleep on the couch. So J. was left with all the older people and he was doing his best to entertain us. Which he did pretty well. He's a funny guy.

While we were cleaning up, I noticed a glass milk bottle in M.'s refrigerator. She buys it from a local farm at the farmer's market every Saturday morning.
They poured me a glass to try and it was lip-smackin' good.

The skim milk.

Lip. Smackin'.Good.

I got the details from M. on where to get this milk and filed it away under "Milk : Yummy" in my little brain for later.

So late Saturday morning, as I'm pouring a cup of coffee (still in my p.j.'s) and K. (still in her p.j.'s) is heating up a pop tart, I happened to glance out the window and see a strange vehicle in our driveway.

Only my brain isn't really processing this information as quickly as it should, because it wasn't until I saw a strange man walking up the steps to the back porch that it reconnected all the connectors and started firing, "Man, Man, Man!" followed by "Run away, run away, run away!"

I yelped "Man!" and K. and I flew out of the room. But not before the stranger saw us.

It was M., dropping off some milk they had just bought at the farmer's market.

You know, our friend M.

Someone we shouldn't run away from, except we were still in our nightwear.

Ack. Can I ever not look like an idiot?

Luckily, he's a good sport and when I saw him later in the day and explained why we ran away from him, he understood.

I think.
The Man and I had to pick up Mom today. She was visiting my SIL last week and today was meet halfway day and get Mom.

While we were waiting for them at the appointed McD.'s, I saw a field of wildflowers (okay, weeds) next door and wandered over to snap a few pics.

Achoo.

But they're so pretty, aren't they?

Comments

  1. Cheryl..yummy post...would love that recipe for the Buffalo Dip...looks soooo good.
    And I love flowering weeds...bring em into my house all the time..thank goodness no one has hayfever here.
    Is that milk from Ellington Farmer's Market or Coventry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellington and I'll send you the recipe on fb

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pictures! nice memories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment