Firemen's Fair and Foggy Mornings


Okay. I'm working on mastering the Mac format. Obviously it's taking me a little while since I haven't had time to blog lately.

I finally found something I don't like about the Mac - iPhoto. It's stinks at photo management. I definitely need something else to do this.

My photos are all over the place. Where, I'm not quite sure. They seem to be sorted by date but not easy to find when I'm trying to open in CS5 or upload to blogger.

Blech. I don't like iPhoto.

But I do like my kids in the pic above. This was their birthday present to me. A photo shoot. I played around with it in Photoshop a little bit, trying to give it a nostalgic look.

Meh. I'm going to keep playing.

Of course, I have to learn Photoshop better. But that's a story for another day.

Our local fire department has a fair and a parade every fall.

The Man and I walked around for an hour or so at the end of the evening while waiting for K. and her friend to finish riding the rides and eating the fried dough and hanging with their friends. We ran into another friend and hung out with him for a while, commiserating with one another over the things we do for our children.

Like go to fairs and eat fried dough.

It's a rough life.

The next day was the parade.

And since it happened to be my birthday, I like to think there was a parade for my birthday. Everyone should have a parade for their birthday, don't you think?

There were about a million fire engines in the parade from all over the state. And about a million firemen and firewomen marching. It was a great chance to publicly thank these people for their very needed service.

K. had to march, too. She's in color guard with the high school band. She was an absolute wreck about dropping her flag. I was a wreck about her dropping her costume. The pants were a tad big in the waist. I had visions of her twirling away and her pants slowly sliding down to her ankles.

Whew. That didn't happen. She brought safety pins. What a clever girl.

And she didn't drop her flag.

I'm a sucker for leather carrying things, like this pail hanging off the back end of a very old fire engine. Wouldn't you love to have one of these pails?

Hmmmm.....

I'm sensing a tag sale hunt coming up.

Totally random, and having nothing to do with the firemen's fair and parade, was the surreal fog this morning.

Miz PG and I were on our way to the cemetery to walk and I kept stopping the car to take pictures. She laughed and said I was sabotaging our walk. We got there. Eventually.

But I carried my small pocket camera with me the whole time.

You never know what's going to appear out of the fog.

Two more friends out for a morning walk!








Comments

  1. really? I actually really like iPhoto. If you set up your blog so you can post via email, iPhoto is a dream. You just select the photos you like, hit "email", and then add all the text you want to the email, hit send, and voila!
    I do admit that doing standard uploads and attachments with iPhoto is a bit of a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Picasa...easily organizes your pictures, and you can easily upload a picture from a Picasa album to Photoshop or Blogger.
    And btw, love the fog pictures! That was with a point and shoot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @eleganteconomy - Probably because I was very comfortable with my old way of organizing photos, I'm finding iPhoto a bit cumbersome. I have just discovered Adobe Bridge, though, and think I will give that a try over iPhoto.

    I will try the post via email, eleganteconomy. Thanks for the tip!

    @Annie - I like Picasa, too, and used that frequently in the past. I might go back to that if I can't master Adobe Bridge! And yes, a teeny, tiny little point and shoot took the fog pictures. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment