Cleaning and madness

Why do I wait until the day I'm having guests over to clean the house?

Why, why, why do I do that to myself and the Man?

Because he gets dragged into the madness.

Vacuuming, dusting, mopping, swiping, wiping...it's not very pretty until it's done.

And then we spend the night on the back porch, eating and talking. I think we were in the house a total of seven minutes.

That might account for the looks I get from the Man when I'm OCD'ing about cleaning.
So, anyway, we had some friends over for dinner tonight. M. and M.

I love that.

M&M. It fits them. They're very sweet, and you always feel happy after spending time with them.

M., the husband, made us laugh so hard my cheeks still hurt. He belongs on stage.

We sat outside and enjoyed the breeze most of the night. And the fan we had blowing. We drag our fans out onto the porch and it works wonders for cooling you down.

Then you can enjoy the meal.
M., the wife, made a terrific salad. I wish I had a picture of it.

She served it on a platter, with all the ingredients spiraled out from the center, kind of like a bicycle wheel.

Romaine lettuce, green and black olives, feta, tomatoes, and carrots. Yum.
This came from here. I modified it a little bit by adding the whipped cream in between the layers of pound cake.

Real whipping cream, not that fake stuff.

This picture is horrible. But the dessert is delicious.

M. told me to take the picture out on the table. I should have listened to her. I thought it would be too dark.

I forgot we have porch lights.

Comments

  1. I totally relate to mad cleaning right before guests come...when Taylor was little she said one day.."we should have company more often to keep our house cleaner!" lol
    One friend of mine said...which I live by when getting ready for guests.."why spend days working on something you can do in a few frantic hours before they arrive!" She would NEVER, and I mean never, get ready for a party until that day. Amazing..and she always had the best parties!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment