No Place Like Home


Home sweet home. 

M and B and I headed home today after a fantastic weekend up north. We took our time getting there. B had asked if we could drive along the coast for a little bit before getting on the freeway. M was happy to oblige her. Who wants to drive on superfast roads with no scenery when you can meander on back roads and see scenes like the one above?

I love this view on the back side of Biddeford Pool. The houses in the background looked like a skyline to me. A very pretty skyline.

What a crazy looking sign.

We found this one on the way to Walker's Point - the home of former President George Bush.
Marginal Way.

A great walk along the coast found in Perkins Cove.

These small little fishing villages look like something out of a Hollywood movie set. Cute, quaint, and cozy.

As for the homes along the walk? Not so cute, or quaint, or cozy. They are big, with a large presence and lots and lots of windows. The one behind M and B looks new. The carpenters were working outside, hammering and sawing. Other homes looked like they had been in disrepair for quite some time.

Maybe their owners can't take care of them anymore. A little sad to see such glorious homes looking like a poor relation.
The girls turned around so I could get their picture against such a pretty background.
Thank you, Mr. Nice Stranger, for taking our picture.

~~~~~~~~~~

I had such a good time this weekend with these two ladies. Both old and dear friends, with lots of history between us. M and B have been faithful about keeping in touch with each other through the years. B and I said we would try and do a better job. The digital world has made this much easier.

So tonight, I'm thankful for a few things. Old friends. And a husband who lets me go off and enjoy these girls weekends away.

Mostly, I'm thankful for home. Because as much as I have fun going away, it's always a great feeling to come home and be greeted with hugs and kisses and "I missed you."

Comments