Date Night

Date night with the Man tonight. We went to see "Red.". This was my second viewing. I saw it last night with J. and my nieces from the West Coast.

I.loved.this.movie.

It has everything: romance, action, comedy, romance. Er, did I say romance again? Well, you can see what I like in a movie.

We left the house a wee bit on the late side. We got to the movie theater at 7:18pm and the movie started at 7:20pm.The line of people waiting for tickets was ridiculous.

R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

Who knew Friday nights was such a big movie night? Er, yeah, now that I think about that, um, Friday night is a pretty big movie night.

But I know a secret trick.

The little ticket kiosks on the side of the lobby.

Nobody ever uses them and you can walk right up, buy your tickets, print them and be in the theater before you can say "ha" to all those poor people waiting in line. Only this time, the little ticket kiosk said something like "This is only for browsing now. You have to go get in line with the rest of humanity and wait your turn."

Rats.

Now we're going to be late.

Surprisingly, the line moved quickly and within five minutes we had our tickets and were walking into the theater. Half the trailers were over and soon the movie started. Only it wasn't "Red." It was something about someone named Gordon Gekko.

Gordon Gekko? Are we in "Wall Street 2"?

YUP. I can't believe this. I've never gone into the wrong theater before. I lean over to the Man, and whisper, "I think we're in the wrong movie." Only he can't hear me, so he says, "What?" rather loudly.

"I THINK WE'RE IN THE WRONG MOVIE!" I whisper furiously. I am so embarrassed. We get up and slink out of the theater.

Along with lots of other people. Evidently, there's a lot of people that made the same mistake tonight.

Uh, NO. They were showing the WRONG movie.

Phew.

I'm not losing it.

We go back in the theater and they fix it and we get to see "Red" just like we wanted.

And guess what the movie people did after the movie? Gave us free passes to another movie!

Yay for mistakes.


Comments

Post a Comment