An attitude of gratitude

Things I'm tired of seeing:
  • Political ads
  • Christmas commercials and it's only October
  • The back of my teens' heads as I'm talking to them
  • Piles of laundry
  • Empty boxes in kitchen cabinets
  • Gas prices going up
But all that is stinkin' thinkin'.

What I need is an attitude of gratitude. I saw that somewhere a few days ago.

An attitude of gratitude. I like it.

And it made me think of other words that could be formed: saditude, maditude, gladitude, and Miz Booshay's baditude.

Then there's fatitude, which is what you have after you've eaten a bag of Halloween candy.

So, here's my revised attitude list:
  • Political ads - I'm grateful to live in a country where we have a choice in our leadership.
  • Christmas commercials and it's only October - I'm grateful to have a television to watch the commercials. And a house to put the TV in.
  • The back of my teens' heads as I'm talking to them - I'm grateful God blessed me with children since they really belong to Him. I'm just borrowing them for a while.
  • Piles of laundry - yup, I'm grateful for this. It means we have clothing on our backs. Well, actually it means we have clothing in piles on the basement floor - it's not actually on our backs.
  • Empty boxes in kitchen cabinets - I'm grateful we have jobs to buy food and nourish our bodies. Even if it is chocolate sometimes.
  • Gas prices going up - I'm grateful I have a car to drive. And so does the Man. And so does J. But not K. She doesn't have her license yet.
So that's my revised list. What do you think? Corny? Maybe.

But I want to have an attitude of gratitude and that's what I came up with.



Comments

  1. I love this! Very optimistic perspective.. which is just what I need right now! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies. Now I just need to practice it some more.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment