A Thing of Beauty, or how to drive yourself crazy

Aaaaargh.

A few months ago I was polishing my nails and had a bottle of nail polish remover on the side table next to my chair. There is not a lot of space on this side table, because it usually has stuff on it. But I had nowhere else to put the bottle. We won't even discuss why I should have never been painting my nails in the living room in the first place. 

Let's just say I am always over confident in my ability to be. careful. with. messy. things.

Can you see where this is going?

I spilled the bottle.

For those of you that know me, this should not come as a great surprise. My middle name should have been Grace because I need all the help I can get. Tide to Go© is my best friend. And I keep a supply of band aids in my wallet because I am always tripping, whacking a body part on something, and/or causing chaos and mayhem just walking through life. 

Where do you suppose that bottle landed?

It landed in a basket that I keep next to my chair naturally. Full of paperwork, notecards, various office supplies, our checking account journal, and my password address book, it landed in the worst. possible. place.

The password address book took the brunt of the spill. I yelped, jumped, ran into the kitchen to grab the paper towels and blotted as much as I could.

It's a beautiful book now. Full of multi-colored pages where all the inks from all the different colored pens I used over the last fifteen years bled together to form some pretty. wild. tie-dyed. pages.

~~~~~~~~~~

So I've been needing to get a new password address book since this fiasco. But of course, I'm a wee bit fussy when it comes to paper goods. 

Some were too big, some were too small. Almost all of them had ugly covers, with bad color combinations and horrid looking patterns. Some had sewn bindings, some had three hole bindings, some had glued bindings. 

I wanted one that had a wire binding, not too big, and was girly-pretty.

After months and months of searching, and buying one that I really didn't like, because I had to have somewhere to re-write all these addresses, I finally found one that was JUST RIGHT.

Call me Goldilocks.

~~~~~~~~~~

That's what I've been doing for the past several nights. 

Re-writing website names, logins, user ids, passwords, security questions and account numbers. Since I lean toward a type A personality, I can not just copy them. I have to check them to make sure they still work.

And that's where the "AAAAAARGGGHHH!!!" part comes in. Hours and hours of finding websites and testing logins.

I am never painting my nails again.



Comments

  1. at least you are able to replicate the info--if it had been me(which it could have been!) I wouldnt have been able to read my passwords!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G - I was thinking of you as I was writing this, my fellow graceful sister!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment