A little Thanksgiving sharing

That is my idea of a perfect plate of Thanksgiving food. Stuffing, turkey, turnip, olives, cranberry relish, mashed potatoes, and squash. Cover it all with gravy. Eat.

Lip smacking delicious.

~~~~~~~~~~

There's a plate of pumpkin bread in the background. The Man's momma always made this for holidays and I am more than delighted to carry on the tradition.

Moist and packed with pumpkin flavor. I could eat a whole loaf in one sitting if I sat there with it all sliced up like that. Everyone knows that pre-sliced quick bread has half the calories as a loaf that's uncut.

K and I were baking Thanksgiving eve, preparing for the big meal the following day. I made a double batch of pumpkin bread this year so I would have extra loaves for the freezer. It's always nice to have extras in the freezer, don't you think? I glanced out the kitchen window and saw that my neighbors were home so I quickly wrapped up a loaf of warm bread and ran it over to them. It's nice to share, too.

Nothing says Thanksgiving to me like Nana's stuffing and Mom's pumpkin bread.

~~~~~~~~~~

As I'm writing this post, I'm baking my breakfast for tomorrow - Heavenly Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal. J gave me a cookbook last Christmas from the food blogger over at Oh She Glows. I have loved every single recipe that I've made out of that cookbook. Super healthy and full of flavor, the recipes make me want to cook again.

The house is filled with the most delicious smells right now and I can't wait for breakfast. I'll let you know how it tasted.




Comments