Fritter Maker

I was driving home yesterday afternoon and and saw these guys out haying. I'm fascinated by the ability of a machine to make the hay into neat little bales. I could watch them for hours.
A little further down the road a bigger hay baler was making bigger bales. I love the yellow of the field. Looks like fall, doesn't it?

___________________________________

Sissy and I stopped in at a local florist shop today to get flowers for Nan's calling hours and funeral. It took us a little while to find something but it was pretty cool when we found what we wanted. 

Sissy and I were looking at a pile of books that the florist left us. We had flipped through page after page after page of flowers, she looking in one book and me in another. I found a gorgeous spray that I loved and looked up to show it her. As I was getting ready to say something, she looked at me and said, "Oh, this one is beautiful!" She lifted the book so I could see it and it was the exact same spray I had picked out! 

Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.

We chose to have a ribbon put on it and were dithering back and forth about what to put on the ribbon. Do we put "grandchildren" showing it was from us or "Nana" showing who it was for? Back and forth we went unable to make a decision. Sissy started to smile and said, "Nana aka Fritter Maker". We both started to laugh and then said, no, we can't put that. That's silly. But the florist looked at us and said, "You should put it on. It's making you smile."

And she was right. We were smiling. Who cares what anyone thinks?

Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.



Comments