Happily Ever After

Our friends, T and T, hosted their second daughter's wedding a couple weeks ago. Doesn't she look so pretty in purple?

It was a perfect summer night, warm and clear skies.

The bride's sister and niece were very sweet. The wee little one did a wonderful job carrying her pretty little basket down the aisle.

~~~~~~~~~~
I remember bits and pieces of being a flower girl in my aunt's wedding when I was about three or four years old. We were living down south at the time and had to fly back home to get to the wedding. The only thing I remember about the whole thing was getting a set of wings from the pilot. I have some adorable pictures from the wedding and I look very unhappy in them. I was a flower girl with my youngest aunt, six years older than me. She was about nine or ten. We walked down the aisle together and I was pouting the entire way. Evidently I was not used to being separated from my mother and I was none too happy about it. My mom was a bridesmaid and I had to walk down the aisle before her, leaving her behind.

I like the way the little ones walk down the aisle with their mommas now.
The bride and her papa, our friend T. He looks pretty happy.

Emotional moments all night long. It must be hard for dads to give away their little girls.  I've talked to the Man about this and how he'll handle giving K away on her wedding day. He says he's going to bawling.

I won't know since I'll be bawling too and my eyes will be all blurred.
I loved her gown. It looked like it was straight out of a fairy tale.

I especially like the drape of the back of the dress. Very elegant.
 The happy new couple!

~~~~~~~~~~
The Man and I were chatting during the reception about our own wedding. And being that young and unaware of what life was going to throw at us along the way. Some days it would be nice to go back to being that young and carefree.

I almost envy them.

Almost.

Clinging to grandma for all she's worth.

Grandma clinging to grandpa.

~~~~~~~~~~
I just love the way they're all touching each other in this moment. Human touch - so important and necessary for our well-being.
 T dancing with her grandson. So cute.

 I love the way he's looking up at her.

The bride loves horses, works with horses, eats, breathes, and drinks horses.

~~~~~~~~~~
It was a wonderful wedding. Sigh.

Here's to happily ever afters for all of us.

Comments