Disaster! Literally.

The Man and I went to see "Disaster!" tonight at a local theater.

What a great show! Funny, the best music, and the performers were spot on singing and acting. I highly, highly, highly recommend it if you love 70s music. Or disaster films. Or like to laugh. 

Really. Go see this show. Now.
__________

It was billed as a 70s musical comedy with every disaster storyline there was incorporated into the show. At least that's how I explained it to the Man. I carefully left out the part that there might be some disco music involved.

He hates disco music. Hates it.

So we get into the theater tonight and this is the scene set on the stage. There were three disco balls spinning above our heads. Lights flashing and twirling all around us. He looked at the disco balls and then the stage and then me. And gave me the stink eye.

Disco? he inquired.

I nodded exuberantly. Excitedly. I love disco music.

He smirked and shook his head and that's when I thought I'd have a little fun with him. I told him that the actors were going to come out into the audience and grab some people sitting in aisle seats to get them up to dance.

Of course he was sitting in an aisle seat.

"Are you kidding me?" he said, mouth hanging open. There might have been a potty word or two used. I told him to be a good sport if they got him up.

"Are you blankety-blank kidding me?" he said again, a little more seriously. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I started laughing and told him yes, I was kidding.

He visibly relaxed, let out a breath, and laughed.

The show started. 

And the dancers appeared on stage, started disco dancing, and within a few minutes, came out into the audience to get people up to dance.
__________

I may never get him to the theater again.







Comments