Winter Wanderings

I had a free day with nothing planned so I took off into the countryside.

I found lots of geese looking for food in a field.
I sat on the side of the road for a while just listening to them talk to each other.

They talk a lot.
I drove around for about three hours, stopping when I wanted to and backing up and turning around when needed. I drove along the river for a good distance traveling through four towns.

When I turned and headed away from the river I found a dairy farm.

These ladies were having a mid-afternoon snack. And paying no attention to me.
The long walk home.
The sun started to lower and the sky turned pink.

Beautiful pastel color.
Love the red wood of the barn against the green pines.
What a delightful way to spend my afternoon.


Comments

  1. I love that you do this, Cheryl. :) I do it on foot, and I like the idea of driving, backing up to capture the shot, driving some more. . . .Yes, a nice way to spend your afternoon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val - it's one of my favorite things to do. You see so much more when you're intentionally looking. Hope all is well in your part of the world.

      Delete

Post a Comment