Spooky Season

It's spooky season. 

And that means pumpkins and corn mazes and mums and hayrides. Apple crisp, apple pie, and hot apple cider. 

Fall is grand.
__________

The four of us had Columbus Day off so we took a ride over the river and through the woods to a CSA farm that had lots of fun things for Little Man to do. He loved the hayride pulled by the John Deere tractor. Tractors are his jam right now.

We let him lead while we navigated the corn maze. We got lost several times with several meaning about 57. There were plenty of other people lost, too. We helped one family escape by holding the orange tape up for them to cut through the corn. They looked dusty and weary with littles trailing behind. After many more wrong turns, I thought about escaping myself.
The Man and I took a ride this weekend to do a little leaf peeping. We had no destination in mind and just kept turning whenever we felt like it. We got off the beaten path and onto some twisty, curvy back roads and found these bony fellows.

I think I would freak out if I looked out the windows of the house and saw this guy climbing the tree at night. Even knowing I was the one who put him there, I would flip. 

Nope, nope, nope. I'll stick to pumpkins and gourds for decoration. 

Spooky season for sure.

Comments