Berry Cute

Looking at these pics you might be thinking, "They like to eat," and you would be right. Especially this Little Man.

"Smile at Deeda," I said, knowing there was going to be a cheesy smile. 

Although it came right after he told me it was stinky in the kitchen. I had just minced fresh garlic for the grilled pizza. So maybe it's a garlic-y smile.

Ha.

__________

Our favorite grilled pizza is a very simple margherita. Truly delicious and easy to make.

But I've had burrata on my mind lately so I picked up some of that and we made one pie with burrata. 

Holy guacamole. 

An absolute show stopper.  The creamy texture of the burrata spread easily over the hot bread and mingled with the tomatoes perfectly. It was so good we're having it again this week.

Sorry there aren't any pics. We polished it off in about three and half seconds.

After dinner, we took a drive to a local farm where they make their own ice cream. It was a lazy, hot summer night. Ice cream was just the thing. Little Man had a "blue" ice cream (really blueberry but he accepts that it's not quite blue). He loves anything blue and doesn't want to hear they may not have blue ice cream. He's learned he needs to have a very loose interpretation of the word "blue".

On the rare times we find blue ice cream, we get it. He never eats it. He eats mine. Vanilla.

Go figure.
__________
After he finished his ice cream, he got to run around and play on the wooden tractor and go see the cows. He also declared the farm a stinky place. 

Glad to know my kitchen and cooking smell like a farm.
Picking zinnias for Deeda.

I'm obsessed with my flowers this summer. Fresh bouquets are everywhere. 
Our harvest for the day. 

He finished them rather quickly. Boppa barely got a chance to see them before they were gone. Little Man will turn into a berry soon, I think, he eats so many of them.

He's berry cute, isn't he?

 

Comments