A Very Dragon Sleepover

Little Man had a sleepover last night. He was so excited.

Because we had ice cream for dinner! And then we went to the park to play! Deeda climbed a rock wall with him, and then we went down the little slide and then the big, twisty slide. We dug in the sand pit (ew - lots of dirty dirt) and walked on the balance beam. He challenged me to race him around the bases on the baseball field. He's not exactly fair. We say "On your mark. Get set. Go!" and he takes off at "Get set." And he's fast. I have all I can do to keep up with him. Finally, we finished off with the swings and one more slide down the little slide.

A preschooler's dream sleepover, I think. 


I forgot how much imagination four year olds have. When we got home we watched a dragon movie, "How to Train Your Dragon", which is his current favorite. After the movie we got ready for bed and he told me all about fire dragons and ice dragons. And how there was an ice dragon OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW. 

"Shhh, Deeda! He can hear us," he whispered to me, with a very serious look on his face. 

I can't get enough of this kid.
Sharing my coffee milkshake. 

He keeps telling me he doesn't like coffee ice cream ("Maybe when I'm sixteen I will like it.") But he loves coffee milkshakes. I get one every time so we can share.

A few weeks ago I got home from work and found him and his little sister still at the house. Their mama hadn't picked them up yet. When I walked in, Little Man came running into the kitchen with a big smile and a "Deeda!" to greet me. I scooped him up and gave him lots of hugs and kisses.

After the kids got picked up, the Man and J told me that when I pulled in the driveway, they said, "Guess who's here?" He couldn't guess who, so they told him, "Deeda!"

He smiled and said, "I like Deeda."

I like you too, Little Man. 

__________

I love the expression on his face. I wonder what he's thinking.

 

Comments