There's No Place Like Home

No pictures in this posting.  No nothing.


Because we've had no power for a week.


Yuck.


That means no running water. No showers. No toilet. No dishwasher, or washing machine, or dryer.


No heat.


No TV. No computer or cell phones or even gasoline.


I thought the world might be ending.


~~~~~~~~~~


Okay, that was a little dramatic. But it really did feel like life as we knew it had changed.


I jotted down a bunch of things that happened this week. And I have a few photos to share.


But not tonight.


Tonight, I'm at Sissy's house. A refugee looking for a powered haven. She got hers back this evening so K and I packed up our belongings, and week old laundry, and electronics that needed charging, and sheets and pillows and high-tailed it over the river and through the woods to Sissy.


And you know what?


As soon as we got here, my cell phone rang and we found out we had power at home.


See? I went through all that packing just to make sure that we got power back tonight. The Man better appreciate that.


~~~~~~~~~~


So I'll share a bit of our life this past week when I post tomorrow. When I'm sitting in my chair, in my living room, in my home.


Because there really is no place like home.

Comments

  1. That's funny--The timing. And yes, *HOME!* There's that great quote "Home is an invention on which no one has yet improved" (Ann Douglas)--Hear hear. :) 'Glad things will be easier for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good quote, Val. Glad you got power, Cheryl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah...we left Friday to head to the Cape to stay with L + D, and Jim said: "What do you want to bet that the moment we arrive someone is going to call and say we have power?"
    We were pulling into her driveway and the phone rang.
    I said the same thing..wouldn't have happened if we hadn't left!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment