A Little Corner of the World

Walking around the yard, surveying all the damage from the snowstorm a couple weeks ago, I found some ornamental grass that had gone to seed.

It looked like jellyfish, floating amidst seaweed. I blew on it to see what would happen.

Nothing.

That's some hearty seed on those things.

I couldn't stop looking at it. Or blowing on it, watching it wave gently in the air.

The neighbors probably think I'm odd.
Don't you think it looks like jellyfish?
I always forget about this bush, right in the front of the house. 

Just when I think all the color in the yard is gone, its leaves pop out - bright, cheery red - greeting visitors coming to the front door.
I love the barn.  Er, garage. Sorry, Dad, I know you hated it when we would call it a barn.

I love the way the lights line up in the windows.

I love how cheerful it looks on a gray, gloomy November day.

~~~~~~~~~~

Just a few scenes from around our little place in the world.

I've missed shooting for fun.

I'm so happy, I could do a handspring.

Well, maybe not. 






Comments

  1. I have always loved the way a house/barn/garage looks in the evening when the light comes through the windows! So wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the sound of "barn" WAY better than 'garage' don't you?
    So fun being back to "normal"..that is, until the next storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that bush! so beautiful! and the barn...is that really a house? it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment