Say it again, Sam

No pictures today.


I was too busy pinning on Pinterest. And pinning. And pinning.


I did take a break to shop with K for a little while. And make something from a pin I pinned. 


*Photos will be forthcoming. (Forthcoming? Don't I sound formal?)


~~~~~~~~~~


While I was on Pinterest, I decided to peruse my boards. (Peruse? There's another five dollar word.)


Because most of the time I just pin and pin and forget to go back and look at what I've pinned.


I pin a lot of craft ideas. And recipes. And decorating inspiration. 


But I also have a board called Say It Again. Things worth repeating.


~~~~~~~~~~


Quick thoughts:


Happiness is a way of travel. Not a destination.


Be so happy that when others look at you, they become happy too.


Go the extra mile. It's never crowded.


Always be kinder than you feel.


You don't have to attend every argument you're invited to.


A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether or not to say it.


Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.


If you're always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one you're in?


~~~~~~~~~~


Strike-me-funny things:


Am I getting older or is the supermarket playing great music?


That moment when you walk into a spider web and suddenly turn into a kung-fu master.


I was good at math until they mixed the alphabet into it.


I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order. As they should be.


Don' be afraid to try. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.


~~~~~~~~~~


And things that just plain make you think:


Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.


You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.


A strong woman stands up for herself. A stronger woman stands up for everyone else.


Never confuse education with intelligence.


~~~~~~~~~~


One of my favorite quotes is from Frank Sinatra:


"I may sound old-fashioned, but I want to think all women should be treated like I want my wife, daughters, and granddaughters to be treated. I notice today that good manners—like standing up when a woman enters the room, helping a woman with her coat, letting her enter an elevator first, taking her arm to cross the street—are sometimes considered unnecessary or a throwback. These are habits I could never break, nor would I want to. I realize today a lot more women are taking care of themselves than in the past, but no woman is offended by politeness."


~~~~~~~~~~


Lots of words in this post. But worth repeating.


Be happy,


Me







Comments

Post a Comment