Fancy Tacos

A few more fall scenes before all the leaves are gone. I've been watching them flutter to the ground for the past week, slowly and steadily.

We haven't had any windy, gusty rainy days so the leaves are hanging on. 

~~~~~~~~~~

That might be a good metaphor for life. When the storm is swirling around you, let go. Don't try to hang on to something that has to change.

Easier said than done, I think.
Because COLOR.

Just glorious.
Spent Sunday afternoon with Sissy and the girls. They came over to watch football with us. And eat food.

Lots and lots of food.

~~~~~~~~~~

I had a brainstorm trying to find something to have for dinner. Sunday nights are pretty casual at our house, as in peanut-butter-sandwich casual. Since we were having guests I wanted something a step up from peanut butter but it had to fit into the I-hate-to-cook life I've got going. 

I came up with tacos. But not your average, everyday run-of-the-mill tacos.

Nope. I call these fancy tacos.

I bought the super big burrito shells in the dairy case for the wrap part. I made taco filling with ground turkey and an envelope of taco seasoning. I had several other fillings to choose from: shredded cheddar cheese, queso blanco, chopped tomatoes, chopped green chilies, sour cream, and salsa. 

Everyone filled their burrito shell and I did some fancy wrapping to contain it all. We put them into the panini maker and pressed them for four minutes.

Wow. They were tasty. Everyone agreed that these would be made again, maybe adding guacamole or refried beans to the filling. 

Try them and let me know what you think.


Comments