Winter Blues

Normally this time of winter the doldrums have set in. 

But not this year.

Milder than usual temperatures, coupled with very little snow, has made for a doldrum-free winter. And since we're halfway through February, I'm feeling kind of perky. 

~~~~~~~~~~

K and Sissy and I took a trip north this weekend to a {rather} large knitting shop. We wandered around with our project sheets for a couple hours, matching yarns and patterns and needle sizes and feels. It has to feel right or it won't get worn.

I came out with yarn for two projects, K gathered enough for three projects and Sissy found some yarn to start an outrageously colorful afghan. A very successful trip.

Right now, K is sitting on the couch working on a knitted skirt for herself and I'm working on a cabled and ribbed poncho for me. The guys are in bed and we're watching the "X-Files". We knit happily along until the scary parts and then we jump and lose some stitches. 

Gah. It's hard to multi-task.

Comments