Beach Escape, part two

All the girls left this morning. Except for me.

I'm a bit lonely without them. But I have the Man. And my dad and uncle. I just don't have any one to talk girl with.

Sissy who lives at the beach is on her way to visit though. I'll soon have another girl to talk to and laugh with. And tomorrow she'll go get my niece MR and we'll have three girls.

A girl posse.

Take that, boys.
The Man and I did some exploring this afternoon. We spent the morning on the beach, catching some rays and catching up on some reading.

A beautifully blue sunny day. Perfect for the beach.

After lunch we decided to take a drive. We found an old cemetery and I begged him to stop. I love wandering around old cemeteries and making up stories about the people who lived and laughed and loved and left.

The oldest stone dated back to 1754. An information brochure explained that a lot of people buried there perished during the Epidemic of 1816. "An epidemic...called the "cold plague" or "spotted fever" took fifty two lives in...1816. Ashes and gases from the eruption of Mount Tambora in Indonesia in 1815 caused global cooling in 1816 which was known as the year without a summer."

I'm going to look into this when I get back to work. The librarian in me says "What?!" The Nancy Drew in me needs some answers.

Comments

  1. 'Thinking of you, Cheryl, and hoping you're doing well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a bit of a rough time the past few years. Things are looking better now. Hoping to get back to blogging more often. I miss my camera and my words. And my friends. Hope you are well too. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment