Super Party!

Little Man's birthday coincides with St. Patrick's Day so we've been combining our celebrations for - SUPER PARTY!

There was great discussion around the table about which meal was the best - Thanksgiving or corned beef and cabbage. Tough call. I love a few special dishes from Thanksgiving, like Nan's stuffing and dressed turnip. Honestly, I would be fine with just those two dishes. But I really love everything about our corned beef dinner - the meat, the potatoes and carrots. Sissy's soda bread. And the cabbage. I really love the cabbage.

After dinner, Little Man wanted me to come and play with him. Actually what he said was, "Follow me Deeda!" I followed him into the spare bedroom where all his presents (or mements, as he calls them) were waiting for the big reveal. 

"What are these, Deeda?" he asked. So I asked him what he thought they were. "My mements!" and he wanted to open them right away. I convinced him to help me carry them into the living and we started gathering everyone. Which was like herding cats. And all the while, Little Man kept picking up boxes and shaking them, trying to figure out what they were. He was especially intrigued by a large gift bag. He couldn't imagine what was in it. A beanbag, That's what was in it.

He got all kinds of things Paw Patrol. And some games and remote control cars. A scooter. Magna-Tiles and books. He kept saying, "That's so cool!" and wanting to open things up and play. He was an absolute delight to watch ("I'm so excited!") and he made sure to thank everyone. He was too excited to eat cake so I packed it up for him to take home.

I didn't want the night to end, it was that much fun. A great night and great celebration. One for the books, that's for sure.
 

Comments