Happy Birthday, Grammy S!


Just found this throwback post I never published. 

Such a sweet little one.
__________

Went to a 60th birthday party this afternoon/evening. My son-in-law's mother, aka my co-grandma. I love these kinds of celebrations in someone's life. I love events when the person is surrounded by all the people they love for a happy occasion. It didn't happen enough in life, does it?

The Man and I hung out with Little Man and Little Missy most of the time. We played dinosaurs, making them eat all the grass in the yard since we only had plant eaters with us and then throwing them in the air to see who could throw them the farthest. Then we played "Try To Block Me, Deeda" which involved me running backwards trying to stop him from getting past me. Then we played cornhole with the Man and mommy. We followed that up with more dinosaur Olympic events - throwing, jumping, snacking. We took a break for dinner and cake and cookies. Then we danced and twirled and sat on the steps and talked. We finished with "Sneak Up on the Bear" which was really daddy and he would roar and growl at Little Man.

What a full heart I have tonight. And boy, will I sleep good tonight.

Comments

  1. TWO grandkids now!! Congratulations, Cheryl. How extra sweet little ones make our days. ♥ Happy holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment