In Between



K and I started shooting her senior photos. I don't know how she's going to pick one for the yearbook. I think we need to make a yearbook of our own, with all the pictures I take of her.

It's a little bit out of control.

But she's such a willing model, and she helps me practice poses, and lighting, and composition. 

It's hard NOT to take photos of her.
Some of my favorite shots are the in between shots. 

When she doesn't know I'm shooting. Those are the real moments, the moments I want to hang on to.

There's a quote that I've seen many times and it says, "Character is what you do when no one is looking."

Of course it is.

That's who you really are.

Not that person that we become in front of other people.
That's what I see in the photos that are in between.

Who the person really is. Their personality. Their habits. Their quirks.
And details. I like to know details about people. 

So I shoot the details.

My memory-keepers. That's what they are.

Because I know how much I've forgotten from when my children were young. I wish I'd shot more details back then.
The sum total of all the parts.

Comments

  1. I am at a loss for new words to describe your photos...esp those of your lovely K. Breathtaking, soulful...all telling a story. It is a brilliant talent that you have behind a lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures, especially the one with her head on the fence looking up. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto everything said above; absolutely breathtaking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, Gayle & Taylor - thank you. I really like the way these photos came out. My favorites of the bunch, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment