Snow and Heat....Four Letter Words

Plain. Simple.


Sweet.


I love wrapping presents in brown paper. I often wrap them with red twine. And at Christmas-time, I add jingle bells.


But not for baby presents, silly.


Instead, I used children's books. I picked out the really pretty pages and cut out the babies' initials. While this may look like a creative thing to do, it was really necessity that brought it about.


Three babies to send presents to, three packages to keep straight, three packages of similar size and shape. Uh-oh. I better label these things or I'm going to send the wrong gift to the wrong kid.


That's when I had my a-ha moment. And decided to cut out their initials. 


I love it so much, I'm going to do it on lots of packages from now on.
For those of you who live near me, you know what happened tonight.

Yup. Snow.

S.N.O.W. 

A four letter word, if I may say. And let me also add, it's way too early for this stuff and nonsense.

We finally had to turn the heat on. I was holding out until November 1st and we were doing pretty good.

Of course, it helped that it's been unusually warm this fall. Jeepers, I was in shorts a week or so ago because it was in the eighties.

It's all over, now. Once that heat goes on, it stays on until May. Ugh.

Hello, heat. Goodbye, savings account.

Comments

  1. I'm with you on the heat thing. I WILL NOT turn on my heat until Halloween!!! Well, huge fail on that one :(
    Almost made it, though. Turned the heat on yesterday. Ugh, you are so right about the bank account too. Isn't there a place we could live that didn't need heat OR air conditioning??
    I wanna move there....
    ---and I LOVE LOVE your initial idea on presents. Where do you get your lovely brown paper? And did you trace the letters or just hand cut them out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the paper at Staples. And I found a font I liked in Pages, made it a large size, printed, cut out and traced onto the book page. Just remember to trace it reversed so it comes out the right way when you glue it onto the package.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love these packages with the initials. I love brown paper packages anyway, but the initials make it even sweeter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment