Dangerous Dancing

I walked into the kitchen one afternoon and found J making cookies.

He's a catch.

The cookies were oh-so-delicious.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later I came home and was greeted with salmon cakes. He made salmon cakes.

I've never made salmon cakes.

Who makes salmon cakes? 
I love this rhododendron bloom in the driveway. I love the burst of color against the grey background. I love the singleness of the bloom, emphasizing it's individuality amidst hundreds of blooms. I love the star shape. I love bright pink.

Can you tell how much I love this photo?
We planted some poppies last summer. 

I like poppies.

They remind me of the Wizard of Oz.
Remember when Dorothy and her gang are going through the field of poppies on their way to the Emerald City?

When I was a lot younger, I would get so upset at that scene every time I watched it. I would think, Surely this time they'll go around the field. Don't they remember it's going to make them sleepy? And then the flying monkeys come? No! Don't go through the field!

They never listened to me. And the monkeys always came.
Had a little excitement today.

I was in the shower this morning, enjoying the warm, warm water as I shampooed my hair. While rinsing the shampoo out, I was looking around the inside of the shower. Everything was blurry since I did not have my glasses on.

Glancing down at the middle of the shower curtain, I saw something kind of dark. I looked away and then looked back and it was moving slowing down the curtain.

I leaned down to get a closer look and it moved again. This time with a little jump.

What? What kind of thread or hair jumps?

I got a little closer so I could see what it was.

A spider.

ACK!!!!

I swatted at the thing, sending it flying INTO the tub. Oh me, oh my, that was not the smartest thing I have ever done. As a matter of fact, that was probably the most un-smartest thing I have ever done.

Because now I was trapped in the shower with the spider and a head full of shampoo.

So I learned a new dance. It's called the "there's-a-spider-in-the-shower-with-me-and-I've-got-to-rinse-this-shampoo-out-as-fast-as-I-can" dance.

Don't try this at home, folks.

After the poppy flower petals fall off the stem. A beautiful purple daisy shape.

Just lovely.

~~~~~~~~~~

I never found the spider.

Comments

Post a Comment