Dem Bones

Had to squeeze in a visit to the whale bones since this was the last trip to the beach for all of us together. 

We've been visiting these bones for a long time. I think I have a photo of J and K standing under these whale bones from the time they were wee little ones.

This year we brought along a sombrero. K had it in the back of her trunk. Along with a couple pair of heels. She's a party to go, that one.

~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as J saw that sombrero, I knew it was all over. 
They love pictures like this. You know, ones that show how much they all love each other?
I love E's face in these photos. She can't look crazy even when she tries.
That's more like it.

Cousin love.

~~~~~~~~~~

Personal accomplishment this weekend...I finally read "Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone" after all these years.

I've been getting a lot of grief this summer from my children and my nieces about being a librarian and not having read this book so I figured it was time to tackle it. I tried reading it when the book first came out and found it to be a simple children's story. It did not hold my interest.

I couldn't get into it. At all. 

I got halfway through and put it down, abandoning it. Fast forward many years later and I'm almost embarrassed that I haven't read it, it's that popular. So after much ballyhoo and trash talk, I picked it up this weekend and tried again.

This time around? I liked it. Go figure.

Comments