Easter Sunday

 
A very different Easter this year.

Quiet.

It was unsettling not to have the family together for dinner. And no egg hunt. No egg coloring with Sissy and the nieces and J and K and Little Man. No sunrise service or Easter morning breakfast with our church family. 
Instead we had a quiet dinner with J and his girlfriend, A.

A is absolutely delightful and a joy to be around. She made a beautiful platter filled with organically colored eggs and lemon ricotta poppyseed muffins. And M&Ms, which J couldn't stop eating.

The eggs looked like they had been painted with watercolors. So pretty. And the muffins were delicious! I love lemon poppyseed and the ricotta added just the right tang to the taste. 

Umami.
A and J brought me some oh-so-pretty flowers. I love looking at their sweet colors and the smell from the hyacinth makes me sigh.

Those two. So thoughtful. So kind. 
__________

Funny story....

A and J were getting ready to leave and I wanted to pack up the few remaining muffins to send home with them. I would have kept them but my hips said "NO!" I put them in a plastic baggie and set them on the counter.

The colored eggs had been sitting out all afternoon and evening so I threw them out, along with the colored grass on the platter. I was dumping it all in the garbage can when J walked into the kitchen. He saw me tossing it all and said loudly, "MOM!"

I looked over at him. 

"What are you doing? Are you throwing out A's muffins???" he said in a loud voice, rather upset, eyes darting between me and A.

"No!" I answered. "I put them in a baggie to go home with you guys."

He deflated rapidly, "Oh, good. I thought you were throwing out A's muffins.  I was going to tell you that you were being rude."

Oy vey. What does he think of me?
__________

And guess what?! This is my 1,000th post! 

Comments