Looking for Normalcy

Homemade corned beef hash.

The Man has been perfecting this recipe for several years. It is better than anything we've found in a restaurant.

I think he missed his calling. He should be a chef.
I asked the Man if we could grow some flowers for cutting in the garden this year. He's been a little resistant to this when I've asked in the past.

Surprise! He said yes!

He immediately dived right in and planned out the flowers we he would be growing. He bought the seeds and started them in the picture window.
I can't wait to have lovely flower bouquets and displays this summer.
__________

Just a few little scenes from my world. I need some sort of normalcy right now.

We're hunkered down in the house for the most part. I'm able to work from home two days a week so I only have to work in the library for two days. I'm trying to minimize my contact with the outside world as much as I can. 

The Man and I went grocery shopping this weekend. We decided to do enough shopping for three weeks. 

Ouch. That was an economic hit.

It was surreal doing our shopping at the local grocery store. Everyone was in a line, moving up and down the aisles in one direction, picking up things as they moved along. It was quiet and most everyone wore a mask. Some had gloves on as well. There weren't many smiles and not many people wanted to make eye contact. It was a bit frightening.

Until I heard someone call my name. 

I looked around the end of the aisle and saw one of my favorite library patrons standing there. His eyes crinkled with a big smile and he said, "It's so good to see you!" I was so excited to see him, my smile must have been a mile wide. We chatted for just a few moments before the line moved again and we had to part ways.

It was so good to see him.

Comments