Memorial Day 2020

We took a ride Memorial Day weekend. 

Found this random flag on a small wooden bridge on a very back country road.

God bless America.
These little ones were very interested in what I was doing. 

They watched me the entire time I was shooting.
Memorial Day weekend was a bunch of fun.

J and A came over on Saturday night, along with my dad, and we picked up some steamed lobsters to kick off the summer. There's no better way to start the summer than with lobsters and butter. 

We enjoyed good food, great company and interesting conversation. 

Our guests stayed very, very late because we were having such good conversation. I love hearing the Millennial generation speak and listening to their point of view. They're experiencing a very different period of time in their twenties and thirties than my generation did. Housing is much more expensive, leading to more of their friends still living with parents; car payments are crazy on new vehicles (one of their acquaintances is paying over $900/month for a car payment!); and they're feeling a little beat up on by Boomers and Gen Z-ers. It was such a great conversation between three different generations - the Silent Generation represented by my dad, the Man and I representing Boomers and J and A representing the Millennials.

Dad really liked talking with everyone. He texted me the next day to tell me so. I love that he texts me at 79 years old. He's such a savvy senior.

Sunday was a quiet day and the Man and I took a drive, checking out fishing spots and taking pictures of calfs and country scenery.

Monday was a family barbecue. We were able to keep our distance, with some of us eating inside and some eating outside. Everyone brought something to share. Lots of laughs, lots of food, and rainbow cake for dessert. We celebrated the spring birthdays in the family since we weren't able to gather in April. Rainbow cake is a must. It's delicious and everyone loves it. How can you not? It's a giant Italian rainbow cookie!

It was a fun weekend and I really didn't want it to end. Sigh.

Comments