Stockings Full of Love

I made my eighth Anthropologie inspired Christmas stocking this past holiday season. 

Little Miss was the latest recipient. I let her mama pick out the colors. Reds, pinks, and a few oranges thrown in for fun. A very girly stocking and I love, love, love it. I nestled her inside so I could get a few pics like I did of her brother. He was a bit older than she is now when I took his pic so he fills his stocking out much more.

I think they're the cutest stocking gifts ever.

I love making these stockings for my family, the people of my heart. As I knit along, I'm thinking about the person, praying for them, imagining them older and grown. I wonder about all the gifts that will be placed in these stockings over the coming years. I wonder how long they'll have the stocking. Will they use it when they're all grown up? And will they have it when they're old and have grandchildren of their own? Will they think about their Mom/Deeda, the mother/grandmother who made it for them?

I still have the stocking my Nan made for me when I was a young girl. I don't use it anymore because it's wearing in some places. She patched it up for me once and I used it for a little while longer but now I'm afraid to stretch the fibers any more than they already are. And I don't have Nan to fix it again. 

__________

So it sits protected and safe. Someday I'll pass it down to the next generation. But for now, I simply pull it out each Christmas and remember. 

Comments