Bad Sweater and Lovely Table


Aaaaargh. My knitting project is driving me crazy. The twisting cables are wandering all over the place, they're not going where they're supposed to be going, and they are making me look like a bad knitter. It's a stupid pattern and I really don't like this sweater anymore. My knitting teacher wouldn't finish it for me, even though I asked very nicely. I think she's heard too many bad words come out during knitting class and refuses to have anything to do with it. Pooh.
I have to finish the darn thing myself. But I don't have to like it and I'm certainly not going to wear it. Especially if these cables don't start behaving and getting back in line like they're supposed to. So there, stupid sweater with stupid cables.

On the other end of the spectrum, I love my new bedside table. I saw one at Anthropologie a couple years ago that I had to have. But it was about $800. Not in my budget. So I've been carrying around a picture of the table for two years and finally found one similar in size and design. Here it is before I sanded, painted, and added new knobs.


My new table. I heart it.


Best of all? $9.99 at a thrift store, $8.49 for two cans of paint, $6.98 for two glass knobs.
Total cost $25.46. Yay. That's in my budget.



Comments