Packages in the Mail

Yay! My books finally arrived! Any day that brings a new book to my doorstep is a good day. And I'm particularly happy with these three books because two of them are about a tomten and the other is about sewing. I'm a wee bit obsessed right now with tomten, also called tomte/nisse. These are mythical creatures from Scandinavian folklore. In the past, folklore held that the tomten were believed to care for a farmer's home and children, especially at night. But as time passed, they became the bearer of Christmas presents, called the julenisse.



[I love their red hats. And they remind me of gnomes. I've made several tomtenisse, two out of fabric and one knitted. Chickpea Sewing Studio used to have a free tutorial for the fabric nisse but it's not there anymore. However, you can see pictures of her nisse here. He's very adorable. Then I found this knitted pattern. It's not free but it was only about US$3.50. Well worth it. That little guy is way cute.]



So when I found a couple books about tomten by Astrid Lindgren I ordered them. Ms. Lindgren wrote the Pippi Longstocking stories, some of my childhood favorites. I just had to have them. Of course, the Man doesn't think this way. He thinks I have too many books. I tell him there's no such thing as too many books. He says we have enough books to build furniture. I think he's a little dramatic.

Now, the third book is this little beauty.


There are some seriously gorgeous projects in here.


I mean, really, have you ever seen anything this beautiful?


I think this has Anthropologie written all over it. Yay.

Comments