Day of Thanks

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days. It's in the top five with my birthday, my anniversary, Christmas Eve and July fourth. Sorry, kids, but your birthdays are in the top ten. They cost me money, plus I have to bake a cake and cook your favorite supper. I like my birthday much better even if it means I add a year to my age. The Man does all the cooking and I get presents. That's a great day.


Thanksgiving is all about food, family, fun, and festivity. As my friend Terri would say, "Life is all Fs right now!" Since we had dinner at my sissy's house, I did not have to get up at o'dark thirty to start the turkey. I had a rather leisurely morning, filled with pulling up Christmas decorations from the basement and eating monkey bread. This stuff is delicious and deadly. *Warning...do not attempt to eat this dish alone. You will eat the whole thing by yourself.* I found the recipe here. It was so good I made it again on Saturday morning when my twin six year old nieces slept over. One of them asked, "Auntie, can we bring the monkey bread home?" Oooops, I forgot to give it to her. We ate it Sunday morning. Sorry D.

We spent the rest of the day at sissy's, ate until we had to be rolled away from the table, took a walk, ate some more, made some Christmas ornaments, and left for home. A full day, but oh-so-much fun.

I used these instructions for the Christmas ornaments. The flower fairies were a huge hit with all the girls. We limited ourselves to Christmas colors and flowers but really you can use anything. Some of them were much more sparkly than others. Show-offs. My son's girlfriend missed out on the flower fairy making. She wants me to do it again so she can make some. I told you they were a huge hit.

The rest of the weekend was spent with my nieces and a sleepover at Auntie's, decorating the house for Christmas, celebrating my BIL's birthday with homemade chicken and dumplings that the Man made, and cleaning my bedroom. Honestly, I don't know who keeps messing it up.

Comments