Watch and Weep



I just finished watching this story on youtube. Hold on a minute, I have to go get a tissue.


~~~~~~~~~~


What a story this young man has. I'm not sure how many people could survive on their own at age five. As I was watching and listening, I kept thinking about my own children. 


At age five.


Living out on the streets, in bathrooms, protecting themselves.


I couldn't imagine it. My mind wouldn't let me go that way. 


Who read to him at night? And made sure he ate his vegetables? Who tucked him in and gave him goodnight and i-love-you-so-much kisses? Who made sure he took a bath? And used soap? Who talked to him? 


How did he survive?


~~~~~~~~~~


I'm not usually a fan of these types of shows. I've watched some of them and while there are heartwarming stories on from time to time, most of the time I find them uninspiring. And a little boring.


But not this time. This time, I want to know more about this young man.


Did he win the competition?


Did he get a record deal?


Does it really matter? 


~~~~~~~~~~


I think he's a winner already.

Comments

Post a Comment