It Was a Dark and Stormy Night...

It was a dark and stormy night....

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Seriously, though, it IS a dark and stormy night. Hurricane Sandy has come to play and she is behaving herself quite nicely.

So far.

We still have power, though the lights are flickering every now and then. Cable has blinked on and off a couple times. We're snuggled up, cozy and warm, with cups of hot chocolate and fresh cookies coming out of the kitchen.

Thanks, K.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Man made a most delicious {semi} beef stew in the crockpot for dinner tonight. Lots of vegetables and just a little bit of meat. I like it like that.

He said, Where's the beef?

He likes more meat. I like less meat.  It's a battle.

We He ran around yesterday, cleaning up this and that, getting everything brought inside so it doesn't blow away in the wild, wild winds. I grabbed a few things off the porches, including my littlest pumpkin, when I came home between shoots.

I did four photo shoots this weekend.

Can you say, Crazy Lady?

Four photo shoots means four sets of photos to edit. And have ready for review before we lose power.
My fingers were flying over the keyboard last night and this morning.

I finished editing right after lunch today. And I am so pleased with these photos. The light outside was perfect all weekend for shooting. 

Hurricane light is the best, I guess. 

Thank you, Sandy. You've been very nice to me so far.
One of the shoots I did was a young man who is dating a friend of K's. They haven't seen each other since August when M went off to college.

Do you think they were happy to see each other?

I call this picture "Contagious Laughter."

~~~~~~~~~~

We went on a "Haunted Walk" with some friends this weekend. One of the local historical societies was sponsoring a walk in the graveyard. They featured people dressed in time period costumes, telling their unhappy endings.

And children. They had children dressed as deceased beings, in dark robes with lots of white face paint and big, dark circles around their eyes. It sounds hokey but it played out rather eerily.

Especially when you're in the middle of a graveyard, and it's dark, and the almost full moon is hazy and hidden behind foggy clouds. And people are screaming.

One woman in our group screamed several times. She had me jumping.

So what's a girl, her Man and her friends to do when the girls are a bit jumpy? They go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner and scrumpdillyicous cheesecake. 

Much better.

Comments