Alaska, The Great White North. Day Three.

We left Fairbanks after we had breakfast at The Cookie Jar Restaurant. Very tasty cinnamon rolls. That seems to be a thing in Alaska. Cinnamon rolls.

I think I found my people.

They are HUGE and doughy and covered in delicious frosting. And we were very happy to do many taste comparisons looking for the best one in the state.
__________

After devouring our breakfast, we took off for Denali National Park.

It was pretty chilly. Can you tell? I had on my favorite hat from Norway and my favorite fingerless mittens from Ireland. And my favorite neck warmer hand knit by moi.

A truly international ensemble.
They are so cute.

And color coordinated. Unlike the Man and I, who are a total explosion of color, none of which matches in any fashion.
Some mountain in the park. Honestly, there are so many of them, it gets a little overwhelming trying to name them all.

I just know it's NOT Denali. You can't see that mountain from where we were.
My heart.

He was so happy to be in this park.

My outdoor man.

Haha. The Hammer making moose hands behind M.

Look at his smirky smile. Love it.
We're here!

So hard to believe it. I kept wanting to pinch myself to make sure it was real.
This landscape went on forever.

We hiked a little bit on a short trail, just a couple miles long. But we can say we hiked in Denali!
We were driving along the park road and saw a bunch of cars pulled over.

So glad I brought my long lens with me. We got to see several of these big boys. Many of them had antlers that were molting. And it was during the rut season. There were signs up all over the place warning visitors about this.



This gal decided to bring some excitement to the day when she came up onto the road. 

We all scrambled to stay out of her path.

These animals are very, very big. And they can be kind of cranky so you don't want to be too close to them.
The Savage River, during our hike.

Beautiful Alaska.

Comments