Beach Musings


Last visit to the beach for the summer. It was a glorious weekend with temperatures in the low 70s and lots of sunshine.

Not exactly swimming weather but nice weather for everything else outside.
Lots of unused water equipment on the beach this weekend.
Plenty of walkers.

The Man and I took a walk Friday morning along the coastal road. There's some new construction going up and we wanted to get a peek at it. Both new houses are replacing older cottages that had been built after the war. They're very big. And not very pretty. They look like every other McMansion across America. Cookie cutter housing. Not very original. And no character or personality. They're just big. Too big.

I like the old cottages best.
Used my big, big lens to get a pic of Mr. Can't See Him Because He's So Camouflaged.

Isn't that amazing how he blends into his surroundings so well?

Trying to get a shot of K and her young family.

Little Man O had just woken up and was still sleepy. He really didn't want to smile but his daddy was able to get a small one out of him.

Playing around with the camera last night and trying to get a shot of the Milky Way.

My first attempt at astrophotography. I think it came out pretty well, don't you?

__________

The Man and I took my dad to the beach with us this weekend. He had a good time. He won't drive down anymore - the drive is just too much for him. I think he's a little apprehensive about driving a long distance by himself. But he likes to come out and be with the family. He really enjoyed seeing Little Man O this weekend. If you listen to my dad, Little Man O is very smart and strong and amazing. Practically a genius, and at five months, can you believe it?

It's very hard to watch my dad get older. He's always been so strong and sure and confident of himself. Now he's not so strong or sure or confident. And I don't like it. It's very unsettling.


Comments